Extend the useful life of roofs across all climates and conditions.
Elastomeric roof coatings provide a seamless barrier against corrosive elements that lead to moisture penetration and damaging leaks, effectively extending the life expectancy of a roof.
At Polyglass, we specialize in designing premium elastomeric coatings that address a wide range of roofing applications and challenges, including the repair and restoration of multi-layer APP and SBS roofing systems, single-ply systems, and metal roofs.
Our white elastomeric coatings can also provide a “cool roof” effect by reflecting harmful UV rays and promoting significant savings on energy costs.
When installed, Polyglass elastomeric coatings protect and extend the life of the roof and allow building owners to avoid costly roof replacements.
Learn how to apply elastomeric coatings here.
Learn more about our elastomeric roof coating products below.
What are Elastomeric Roof Coatings?
An elastomeric roof coating is a liquid-applied roofing layer made from acrylic or silicone that cures to form a seamless membrane when applied over the entire roof area.
Because they respond well to changing temperatures and weather conditions, elastomeric coatings serve as an effective “outer armor” for new roof systems.
They may also be applied to existing roofs to extend their service life as an alternative to a complete tear-out.
Generally, elastomeric coatings can be installed over:
- Aged EDPM or TPO
- Built-up roofing
- APP / SBS cap sheets
- Metal roofing
- Sprayed polyurethane foam
- Most existing elastomeric coatings
- Rigid coverboards such as Densdeck and Securock
- Exterior grade plywood
- Mobile homes
What Are The Advantages of Polyglass Elastomeric Roof Coatings?
A Polyglass elastomeric roof coating systems offer a complete solution for new and existing roofs, enabling a water-resistant, fully-adhered seamless roof membrane.
- Extends the useful life of the roof, which means less frequent roof replacements and less waste in landfills.
- Offers excellent resistance to extended exposure to harsh UV rays
- Reduces energy costs by decreasing roof surface temperature
- Offers high tensile strength and elongation
- Resists dirt pick-up
- Resists fungal and algal build-up – even in high humidity conditions
- Low VOC, non-flammable and presents minimal hazard to the applicator or the environment
Polyglass® is an ISO 9001:2015 Certified, leading manufacturer of modified bitumen roofing and waterproofing membranes and roof coatings for low- and steep-slope applications. We are an industry leader in self-adhered underlayments that are specially designed to help contractors save time and labor costs.
Utilizing the most technologically advanced manufacturing process in the industry, Polyglass operates six state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities — five in North America and one in Italy that serves all of Europe.
As a company that prides itself in innovative and quality roofing products that exceed the needs and expectations of its customers all around the world, we offer roofing contractors the following benefits:
- An extensive line of underlayments and other roofing products that allow for custom-designed solutions for unique construction challenges and environmental conditions
- Outstanding technical support and project assistance
- The most trusted warranties in the industry
- A registered contractor program and a wide array of contractor resources, including instructional videos to Polyschool courses.
- The ability to earn points and redeem prizes for every Polyglass purchase with Club Premio
Our team of experts is here to help you choose the best elastomeric roof coating products for your next project. Get in touch with our team today.